The men’s fellowship was started by Rev. Prabakaran Rajasekaran during 2003 in our church, and now under the leadership of our pastor is functioning well.
- The fellowship meets at the church twice a month regularly 5p.m. on the 2nd Sundays and 10a.m. to 1p.m. on the 4th Sunday at the church.
- Around 30 members meet regularly for prayer, sharing and study of the word of God. At the close of fellowship meetings on the 4th Sunday, the members participate in a fellowship lunch, sponsored by themselves.
- Lay preachers from our church and the local presbyters regularly share God’s word during such occasion, and the members show keen interest in learning the word of God at depth. This certainly is a means of strength and encouragement in the spiritual life of the members.
- The men’s fellowship takes active role in supporting various ministries of the church. The members put up stalls on behalf of the fellowship to raise funds during the time of In-gathering festival and Mission festival every year
- Some of the members of the fellowship who are imbibed with preaching talents help the church by taking up preaching whenever they are invited to do so.
The women’s fellowship started functioning in our church in the year 1930 and since then is on the path of progress, promoting and encouraging its members in the experience of growing in the fullness of Christ.
The Women’s fellowship under the leadership of the pastor Amma carries out its ministries well through various programmes and activities as mentioned below
- The fellowship meets regularly at the church on the 1st Saturday at 5p.m every month. Fasting prayer is conducted at church at 10.30a.m. to 1.30p.m on every second Saturdays of the month. On the 4th Saturday of the month the fellowship meets at the home of members of the fellowship, on turn.
- During special occasions like marriages, the women’s fellowship members on invitation visit the homes to pray for the marriage and bless the persons to be married.
- In addition to the above on the 4th Sunday of the month from January 2002. Bible exam was conducted starting from Mathew’s Gospel the whole Bible was completed in April 2015.
- Some of the members of the fellowship meet regularly on all Tuesdays at 5p.m. at the church and pray for various needs.
- Members of the fellowship volunteer to preach the Gospel to the students of the tailoring school at Dr.Ambedkar Nagar every day from 9.30a.m to 10a.m.
- The Women’s fellowship supports the church in a big way by putting up stalls (snacks and eatables) for the Harvest Festival and Mission Festival every year.
- During the time of VBS the every year, members of the women’s fellowship uphold this ministry through their prayers.
As young brothers and sisters the Youth join together after the church service, sing praises, pray and glorify the name of the Lord. Around 30 years regularly attend the fellowship meetings for prayers, bible study and other programmes and activities.
- On behalf of the youth fellowship, the youth of our church have participated in competitions held by various churches and have won many prizes.
- Youth festival is celebrated in our church regularly once a year, in a grand manner. Approximately 20 youth take up the responsibility for leading the worship on that day. Various competitions and cultural programs are conducted in which around 100 youth participate.
- Every 5th Sunday of the month, the evening service is conducted by the youth. During this special service, youth lead the praise & worship, in singing new songs accompanied by music instruments.
- During festival seasons they decorate the church, help in purchasing things. Our church youth along with other choir groups sing during Christmas season.
- The youth fellowship takes active part in covering all the families of the church during Christmas season through carol rounds.
- During important occasion cricket tournaments for men and throw ball for women are organized by the fellowship make them feel happy.
- To enable our youth to grow in the knowledge of God plans are drawn to involve more young men & women (Below 35 yrs) to our fellowship.
- It is assured that all those who join the fellowship will gain the experience of constantly growing in the Lord, through the prayer sessions, Bible studies, and other creative programmes that are offered by the fellowship.
The church choir consists of around 25 men and youth who have committed themselves the serve the Lord and the church through their God given talents in music and singing.
- Regular practice for choir members are given on all Saturdays between 7:30 to 9 p.m in preparation for the worship services on Sundays now.
- Special choir practices for Christmas/Passion season or for any special occasions will be on Sundays between 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- The choir helps the church through their active participation in the worship service.
- The choir organizes a special Christmas Carol service, during 2nd/4th Sunday in the Advent season, by following a special order of service.
- The choir actively participates in the carol rounds every year and help the church in a big way
- The choir renders music during the wedding services and also in the funeral services.
- Efforts are being made to identify those who are talented in singing, train them systematically and increases the strength of the choir by including them in
“For from him and through him and for him are all things (including our marriage). To him be the glory forever! Amen.”– Romans -11:36
In the year 2008, the Couples Fellowship was started in our church bringing to reality the prayerful dreams of Late. Bro. Inbaraj and his loving wife Gifta Inbaraj.
C.S.I. Christ Church, Alandur is the first church under the Diocese of Chennai to initiate a fellowship exclusively for young couples.
Around 10 couples gather on the 2nd Saturday, every month at the Parish hall of our church in the evenings from 7:30 to 9:00 pm. As couples, we take turns and share God’s word on His elegant purposes for our marriages.
As a team we pray and seek God’s guiding hands in the lives of the youth of our church as they prepare themselves to enter into the holy covenant of marriage and for the enrichment of the quality of our married lives in the Lord, as well.
Our mission is to rise “Christ-Centered families” in our church.
We are immensely delighted in the Lord to see that the churches in the neighborhood like Adambakkam, Chrompet, Moovarasenpet, Medavakkam,Keelkatalai and Pazhavanthangal have also instituted Couples fellowship in their churches.
- Monthly fellowship meeting on 2nd Saturday from 7:00 to 9:00 pm in Church Parish Hall
- Yearly retreat programs for couples, where, we have resource people come over as couple to enlighten us with deeper biblical truths to enhance this blessed journey destined for us by God Himself. We invite couples from the neighboring churches as well.
- From 2016, we have been celebrating “World Marriage Day” on the 2nd Sunday of February, over 70 Couples taking part in the celebration renewing their marriage vows, losing themselves in the quiet candle light dinner that follows, carrying back home memories to cherish for a lifetime.
- We enthusiastically participate in the harvest festivals, mission festivals, our church carol services, carol rounds and philanthropic activities.
- Lead Praise and Worship in church on every 2nd Sundays prior to the morning service.
God has been faithful and we have been witnessing the fellowship’s splendid growth over the years. We believe in the saying “Marriage is God’s gift to us and the quality of our marriage is our gift to Him”.